Tuesday, November 3, 2009

b.glam








B.Glam is an inspirational video I came across while browsing through one of my favorite trade magazines, behindthechair.com The looks shown are all about backcombing, and beehive inspired updo's seen here with structure. I had to look twice I thought the blonde beehive updo was Gwen Stefani. Shapes in haircutting this season to look for, The Curve, The Zag, The Halo, Very Vidal Sasson circa 1970. Beautiful work by Emiliano Vitale. Sometimes I come upon inspiration as I am browsing ideas for a different look. In this case, I was doing a little research to make up a client for Halloween, the theme Cleopatra. This look from Vitale is a lovely example of a 2009 Cleo inspired pyramid shape cut with a little crimp to make it new. Make up inspiration: I chose a modest eye. Why? Less is more, and I took into consideration my clients eye shape, much different from Beyonce's as seen here. added some teal blue to the swirl of black and captured a very glamourous, 2009 Cleopatra. Colorful crops shown, Wella Koleston Perfect, Blondor, Magma and Color Touch base shades. Sealed with a kiss with Sebastian Cellophanes topcoat of shine.

images: pixelated pics captured and cropped by me via behindthechair.com

2 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Will have to check these links out, love the post. Love the red hair.
xxx

haircutting in high heels said...

Thank you to you too, Your post was so lovely with Enya playing in the backround.
xxo
Gina

Related Posts with Thumbnails