Monday, September 28, 2009

cafe de leche





Always a treat to find that the new kid in town is a coffee shop in Highland Park with a little twist. Just down the street from The York one of my favorite bar hops, and the best media noche sandwich this side of L.A. Cafe de Leche on a late Sunday afternoon with wi-fi business keeping the customers happy and the latte's steaming. I love the orange bike suspended from the ceiling, in it's sleek setting with plenty of coffee tables. There is even a little family area with a checker board to be played and that we did. I sipped a Soy Chai Latte, but next time I'll try the horchata con expresso and sweets from Porto's Cuban Bakery. I love to give my business to local independent businesses doing good things for the community and with the little extra's like the current issue of W magazine along with the L.A. times I will be spreading the news.
A Cappuccino after a delicious cottage salad at Neiman Marcus shared with the flakiest popover and strawberry butter is a great way to unwind after Lollia candle shopping. The biggest chocolate chip cookie for two was a treat so much I took the rest home in my little chocolate chip cookie bag.
A fashion treat these lovely lace stilleto's from Fendi shown here make a smashing statement in colors that remind me of mocha and chocolate.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails