Monday, August 10, 2009

Casa







Casa Cocina Y Cantina is one of the new downtown restaurants that has been calling my name. Any time I hear mexican food, and margarita's sounds like fun in the summertime to me! After a late Saturday in the salon, I headed downtown with a friend to discover what adventure might be ahead for this saturday night. Easy directions from a friend who has been working the new L.A. restaurant and club scene got us to our destination. The restaurant is walking distance from Disney Hall and a skip away from MOCA. We decided to park on the street since Valet was a bit of a rip off. I had some laundromat quarters stashed in the car so not a problem to feed the meter. We were L.A. casual in jeans and judging from the varied clientele that was just fine. I love to people watch and everything from a hipster, to a jock, to singles of all ages were having a good time. We were seated in the outdoor booths and from a far they reminded me of people in the tea cups at Disneyland. The view is downtown wonderful with the sky line of buildings in the back round. I love good chips and guacamole, the one here was o.k. this one is better. As we dug into our food, I felt like I was going back in time with the live D.J. sounds of Everything but the girl, and George Michael in the mix. The road home we took a little detour by going down memory lane with glimpses of renovated victorian's in Angelino Heights. What a wonderful end of to an evening visiting lovely casa's with their decorative wrought iron and scalloped trim that look like life sized doll houses.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails