Monday, August 24, 2009

educating gina





Today was the beginning of a new chapter in my education with a company that I have worked with for over 10 years. It has been my honor as a make up artist educating other make up artists, and future hairdressers, behind the scenes at hair shows, and beauty stores, and now with the passing of the crown to a new company and lots of changes I was hesitant to change hats. I woke up extra early to anticipate the long drive. I missed my a.m. exercise and even with my efforts to tame my disco feathers they still frizzed! I am not the girl I use to be, perfectly coiffed bob does not make a perfect presentation. I use to think looking the part would help me with the confidence to stand up in front of my pears and present new material that I would in turn be educating to the beauty industry. After years of losing sleep over the perfect presentation, I can now say I am happy that I know what I know and I can wing it pretty well even if it's brand new material and not perfect. Today I took a deep breath (instead of losing my breath), said a prayer, stood up, and gave my peers a big smile and everything just flowed. I leave you with a few pics from the studio hope you enjoy the sexy hair.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails